Friday, July 11, 2014

AN OVER-SIZED CHAIR AND DESIGNERS GUILD FABRIC

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but this chair is HUGE!  I mean, it was so big that I wasn't sure it would make it through my front door.  It did, by about a half an inch.  And if that weren't enough, the repeat on this lovely Designers Guide fabric was also quite large, something like 36".  A normal chair usually takes around 10 yards of fabric, even when matching is involved.  A larger than normal one might take 11.  This took 14 yards, and because I had to center all the cuts, there was a lot of wasted fabric.


I did a pretty good job of getting it all matched.


Buttons down the back are really more decorative than anything else.


Because the chair was so big, larger buttons were called for, as well.


This is the chair in its new home.


It looks so much better here than in my workroom/living room.

No comments: