Friday, January 30, 2015

AN OCCASIONAL CHAIR UPDATE

This small, occasional chair was in need of a make-over.  There was nothing really wrong with the upholstery; it just was tired, and my client wanted more color in the room.


The solution?  A blue and white ticking stripe.  My client ordered this fabric from fabric.com.  It was a great weight and it washed very nicely.


As with any barrel chair, it is always more challenging to do a slipcover.  There has to be lots of darts and seams that a less rounded chair would not require.  Still, the stripe helps hide those seams and darts.


In this case, the buttons were a necessity to get the slipcover on and off the chair.  We kept the skirt short so as to not weigh down the look. 

(I also made arm covers out of the same fabric for a chair in the bedroom of my client's son, though I did not take a picture of that.)  



No comments: