Friday, February 20, 2015

ITTY BITTY THINGS

I love small things: tiny seashells and sea urchins, sand dollars the size of erasers, minuscule buttons, small bottles, really anything lilliputian.  Not sure why or when this started, but for as long as I can remember this has been the case.  Maybe because I am tall, and growing up I hated it and wanted to be short, which really wasn't a possibility.  


When I saw this 2 1/4" tall object in a shop here on Coronado, I had to open it to see what was inside.  I was not disappointed!


Teeny, tiny colored pencils!  Twelve of them!



They are from Japan.


I, of course, would never actually use them because they wouldn't be so pretty.


I have them sitting on my desk and any time I notice them, I smile.  That's as good a reason as any to have them around, don't you think?


Thanks to my angel trumpet for lending its leaf for the first picture and to my chippy, weather-worn table for the others.


No comments: