Saturday, February 14, 2015

SLIPCOVERED CHAIR IN BLUE DENIM THAT REALLY ISN'T

I did this chair a while back, but never got around to posting it.  This fabric was one of the oddest I've ever worked with.  It looks like denim, but it is mostly, if not all, polyester and the reverse side is a black fleece; a faux-denim, if you will.  Very strange.  It is very soft, though, not even a little rough like real denim can be until it has been washed many times.  

My clients had just moved into the house, and I slipcovered it before the rest of the new furniture had arrived, so I was taking pictures of just the chair, trying not to show how much empty space there still was.


Side view


And the back, with the ever-popular covered buttons.  You can not tell from the photo, but the buttons are actually a stripe that is the sofa fabric (the sofa that had yet to be delivered at the time of the slipcover delivery.)


With a throw pillow, to add a bit of color.


Then, today, I was at my client's house measuring for something else and was able to get a shot of it, moved to its new 'home' on the other side of the room so that the buttons would actually show.


Along side the other chair that came with the (not pictured) new sofa.



No comments: