Friday, March 13, 2015

'FORMAL' CASUAL LIVING ROOM DRAPERIES

I have tried and tried to get good pictures of these draperies, and this is the best I was able to do.  


The above picture was taken before the furniture was even in the living room.  The fabric is from Designers Guild Limited through Osborne & Little Inc.  The pattern is called Orsoglio and the color is Azure.  The panels have inverted pleats, puddle on the floor, and to make them even more luxurious, they are interlined.  Though the fabric looks and acts like silk, it is a cotton/polyester blend.


In the next two pictures, you can see why I had trouble taking pictures.  When the draperies are open, it is too bright outside, and all that really shows up is the street.  It seemed I was always at this house during the middle of the day, which meant the sun was always an issue.


Short of going over at night to take pictures, I did the best I could with what I had to work with.  And why I did not take a shot from further back, I have no idea.  The sectional is full of pillows that I made, but for some reason it did not occur to me to put both pillows and draperies in the same picture.  Actually, I just looked again and there is one:


And it's a great picture of the street outside the window, but not so much the draperies, or even the pillows on the sofa.  Oh, well, I think you get the idea!





No comments: