Saturday, May 2, 2015

'OLD' ROMAN SHADES

A few weeks back I got an email from a client.  In part it said,  "Hope you will remember us as you made 9 Roman Shades for our our home in Fairbanks Ranch, Rancho Santa Fe, in October 2005 when we moved to San Diego. Despite being put up and down every morning and every night, they still look like new."  


Of course I remembered them.  What the email also said was that, if I was interested, they needed more roman shades.  


So, I went yesterday to measure and pick up the fabric for the roman shades in the guest room.


As I had never gotten pictures of the ones I did 10 years ago, I took the opportunity to take them yesterday.  


When I first walked in the master bedroom, my first thought was, 'I did not make these.'  But really, how could they think I had if I hadn't.  When I looked closer, I realized that I had, in fact, made them.


What I do remember about this job was how each shade, all 9 of them, came out exactly the same, and by that I mean I cut them all from the top down.  So even though they had varying finished lengths, the tops were all identical.  I was impressed, and so were my clients.


I am happy that after all these years the shades still look really good.  And clearly my clients are happy as well since I am making more shades for their lovely home in Fairbanks Ranch.

No comments: